Overcoming the March Madness
Are you Overcoming your March Madness?
Back in 2020 was the major absence of March Madness due to the major presence of the Corona Virus. What was also present was the fear and speculation of what is to happen next and when everything will reopen up or even will the Covid outbreak be over. I was listening to a Podcast which was called "Secret to Success" and mentioned how the real March Madness is the pandemic chaos as so many luxuries were shut down from concerts, to sporting events to outdoor restaurants. Everyone was at home and there was no experience on how to deal with this Global Phenomenon. So as some sports shows were debating on whether March Madness should have continued or not or even be pushed to May. Well Quite Frankly in my own selfish point of view I would have loved to see May Madness, but it would not be a possibility either way because there were no sporting events that were opened up in May maybe Soccer was back, but even the NBA 2019-2020 season was in Major question. The May Madness did not happen, and then the NCAA Basketball season did return later in 2020 there was still covid issues being spread around not just in College Basketball but also College Football and even just everywhere in shows and even Pro Wrestling. Well, a year later so many events were opened up as it was pushed far past virtual events to now fans returning in person, and it was a big deal. So here is what I meant by Overcoming the March Madness.
Competing in a tournament
I became a fan of March Madness as I got older even hearing the game NCAA March Madness which was a college basketball video game. I will say this when I play the NBA Video games or watched them on TV, I learned that the NBA Players at 1 point well most of them played College basketball and most of them were major draft picks from high school. So, I grew into college basketball understanding what March Madness is and even hearing about the 989 sports NCAA Final Four eventually learning the Final Four is the four remaining teams in the tournament with only two of them going to the championship. With 64 teams in the tournament and the fact that making it to the tournament is the first step and then overcoming all of them have steps on the road to the Final Four and then the championship. The NCAA Tournament you go through 5 rounds to get to the Final Four and 6 rounds to get through the championship as you go to 2 rounds to get to the Sweet 16, and the go through 3 rounds to go to the Elite Eight. This may seem a bit jumbled but to explain why I explain it the way I did is there was a point where I wanted to get the prize, but I was skipping all the steps and on top of that I did not understand the work it takes to get the prize. This went from trying to get good grades to losing weight or understanding the hard work of what it means to get a job and the steps and procedures of going to the next level. On top of that there are even graduating to get a degree where you go through specific steps of classes to win your tournament and I did not think about the steps I was just blindly taking the classes and was not focused on the steps, and I end up falling behind and get thrown off guard, so I had to get grounded to reality almost like how top seeds feel when they suffer their own upsets. So real point is in a Tournament you go through a set of round and games to get through the tournament and the teams with the championship mentality are aware of the steps they have to go pass to get there and not being oblivious to the steps or the requirement they need to get to the championship round in the tournament.
What My personal tournament was
I competed in various tournaments before, and I will explain the tournament I was involved in was the volleyball tournament back in 2010 and it was the first one I competed in where we were the underdogs. We were teenagers against the married to campus to singles to even the Latinos, and it looked like we were going to get the early exit but instead through double elimination we had some surprising victories that got us further and basically, we stayed active and focused and determined and not count ourselves out. I honestly wanted to stay in the tournament and the intensity the team delivered was a phenomenon. Our biggest surprise was the fact that we made it all the way finishing third place and going through the rounds to make it close to the championship round was one of the biggest accomplishments. I felt like when you deliver focus and intensity and keeping the eye on winning instead of being nervous or distracted or even dragged down by doubt or fear, and then that will get your eye on the championship.
Comments
Post a Comment