The Last Dance Pt. 2

 Watching the Documentary during the time of the Pandemic

When I saw the huge flashbacks of when Michael Jordan Retired and went to baseball and then the fact the Bulls went on to continue to contend as they remain a playoff team. The Team was Led by Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc and as they returned to the playoffs they did fell short of returning to the Finals it was interesting seeing how the Bulls went on without Jordan behind the scenes as Scottie Lead a Different Culture to the Bulls as a more encouraging instead of a Pushy, Bludgeon Leader. As Michael Jordan in Baseball had a fair amount of success. When I saw how those 2 different teams pan out it was really interesting and glad to learn the further story of the Jordan less Bulls and The Baseball Career of Michael Jordan and how his father played baseball and even how his training for baseball went. If Jordan Never retired in 1993 I felt we would not have had a big comeback story and a strange coincidence to happen during both the NBA And even Minor League Baseball. So when I saw how The Minor League Baseball go on Strike and then The Chicago Bulls Struggling as they faced turmoil with a .500 Record the time was perfect for Michael Jordan, as the Bulls lost Horace Grant and joined the Magic. Low and Behold Michael Jordan moved on from baseball and rejoined the NBA and Bulls and elevated them to being a playoff team and Unfortunately they fell flat against the Orlando Magic in the Playoffs as they were eliminated by the Magic. 1 Season Later the team began to change dramatically as Dennis Rodman joined the team and even the fact that this will be the first full season returned as The Bulls even had Jordan for the full Off Season and even a well newly fresh team as well as they entered into the 95-96 season so I even got to see how it was worth waiting for and even watching as they set a vision and set to make it happen.




The Behind the scenes of the 95-96 season 

So During practice there was an intense situation between Steve Kerr and Michael Jordan as Steve Kerr was Guarding Michael Jordan and then Steve Kerr was enabled with these weird fouls that Coach Phil Jackson was calling them. As Steve Kerr hit MJ in the chest and then Michael Jordan struck Steve Kerr and then he fought back against Michael Jordan as Michael Jordan gets thrown out of practice this was before the NBA Season and really lit a spark on the start of the season. For me seeing that I began to learn what happens when you develop assertiveness instead of being passive. Seeing assertiveness and standing up to him was quite impressive because I have struggled with that I was always the easy going person and even a yes man! There were times I snap and other times I would shut down so I was stuck in the 2 extremes. But the Happy Medium is to stand up for yourself and lit a legitimate spark under intense and even frustrating conflicts like Michael Jordan when he had his first Training Camp since is 2 year absence from playing NBA Basketball. Well this was quite a beginning and shows practice needs intensity needs the fire up to light a fire in their team to success and the Same I feel happens in our life sometimes we need conflict we need intense conversations to light a fire in us to begin to build urgency and desire and that's what I feel especially when I become fed up with failure and even laziness. So seeing Steve Kerr even get Mad and Snap even as a coach really Speaks a ton of volumes of the energy and will to win. 






What Pushed them to reaching the big 72 Win Season and what drove them?

Michael Jordan is always the person that hates losing and on top of that he shows that on the practice. Especially where he got tested against Steve Kerr in practice and luckily they got their aggression out of their system and then ready to take their aggression on the regular season. So eventually it worked alongside Michael Jordan's frustration with the previous playoff loss. So using the loss to really drive him and even the offseason to train and get in NBA Shape was the real preparation for the 95-96 Season and like I said it worked and they shot for a real vision and goal was to win a championship and low and behold they showed it in the regular season with 72 wins and even during the rocky playoff road especially the first year Michael Jordan was in the NBA Run without his dad by his side as his dad died from being murdered, that was a huge pain in the heart. So from what I saw this was a lot of weight that Michael Jordan was ready run with. To even see his work ethic in the Documentary while filming the movie Space Jam was an impressive display. So the fact that he was on the mission and on top of that he was on a quest for a championship was what he accomplished in the NBA Finals in 1996 on Fathers day which was a very emotional moment for him. Seeing him carry all the emotional weight of the past into the future I feel was very persevering and challenging but to come out victorious throughout the regular season and the playoffs and the championship series was even a major impression. 


My Reflection on the 72-10 Last dance Piece of the Show

Seeing the Chicago Bulls Mixtape and even the Documentary and then The Last Dance As the stories get deeper they really stand out to me quite a lot. I feel like I have a history of wanting something but not really shattering expectations or even channeling the past into making the present and future better than the past. I will be honest I get nervous when I get challenged or even do the biggest workout in doing the elliptical. However When I listen to a song or even A sport highlight video that always gets me fired up and ready to take on the challenge which I have been having over the last year of the Pandemic. Before the pandemic my weight was up and down but I had bad eating habits and even undisciplined exercises. The Pandemic Quarantine was where I saw an opportunity and really take advantage of the challenge of losing weight making exercise changes and even weight loss changes. It really helped with me taking the action and on top of that having the consistency to persevere on the exercise even on the day I do not want to exercise. So My final words is use the past failures or even uncomfortable moments to build you into success instead of looking as a punishment into failure. 






Comments

Popular Posts