The Last Dance Part 3: MJ vs Reggie Miller!

Intro 

Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller were the Big Stars of the Strong Eastern Conference and the Teams that they were on were very strong and well resounding as well. Michael Jordan was on his final year of his NBA Run and the fact that he was pushed to a grueling Game 7. The Game was one of the toughest games for the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs especially during the final run with Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls team. As the game was very competitive and very scrappy and even went down to the wire. Seeing even Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller even had their altercation which almost got physical back a few years ago before the big Significant Showdown. I will say it was a Challenge for the Bulls as there was a major part where they were trailing and had to really fight back to get the victory that they really wanted. 


A History of these Teams

As the Bulls made 3 straight NBA Finals and during those NBA Finals Runs he runs into the Indiana Pacers and in 1993 Michael Jordan ran right into Reggie Miller and through a huge altercation and they really got into it with full physicality, and I will say both players have such great talent and both play at a high level of All-Star Competition. The fact that they were on Perennial Playoff teams and even in a position where they were contenders made the Matchup worth it. Even before 1993 Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller were both players that really demanded respect. Michael Jordan of course is THE Player that shows up and really earns respect like PERIOD. Reggie Miller was a trash talker that refused to be underestimated and in an interview from the Last Dance he thought Michael Jordan looked at him as some skinny kid and Reggie wanted to show up and really show that he is beyond that as he did respect Michael Jordan and Called him either "MJ Or Black Jesus" after he showed up and outscored Reggie Miller. 





The 1998 Eastern Conference Finals Playoff Series

The Series Began as they split the season series 2-2. So they seemed really evenly matched and with the stars on their respective teams. So when the series began you can just see that and even how it started they showed up ready and wanting to emerge Victorious. So as the Bulls stepped into the game against the Pacers in Game 1 and as the Bulls Emerge Victorious in game 1 They also Emerge Victorious in Game 2.  Reggie Miller refused to accept defeat as he came ready for Game 3 and really wanted to get that win. So Low and Behold Reggie Miller did get his team the Victory in Game 3. Heading into Game 4 Reggie Miller and his team the Pacers was aiming for a second straight victory and they had to get a hard fought victory. As the game was Pushed to game 7 as both teams split the next 2 games it delivered one of the biggest game in the Conference Finals as the Pacers and The Bulls came refusing to lose and ready to go through a Grueling Game 7. Michael Jordan was counted out by doubters and critics and he came ready to prove them Wrong. Let's just say MJ had a huge challenge to overcome in Game 7 and in which he had a mountain to climb and he did made that big accomplishment and I felt it was very phenomenal that he stood up to a challenge and stood tall at the end. 






My Insight on this intense Moment in Basketball

Well Seeing how Michael Jordan had a fierce competitiveness even with his back against the wall. The fact that he did took things personal especially anything physical and verbal. Which is where he brings his killer instinct and shows that he is ready and ready to deliver intensity and even earn respect in a showdown game. I am at a point where I take what I did personal because I have made so many impulsive actions and had a hard time managing to get that under control and even regarding on my education on how to get better grades and not mediocre grades. The reason I am glad I took that personal is because I realize when I reenroll and take a class I really need to get focus to aim for that A or even a B and not get distracted. Taking my old actions and making sure they are old is what I need to take personal and prevail against it, because seeing when the Bulls were down by 12 they did not back down and they came with energy fighting back and showing that they really wanted to be in the NBA Finals. So I am on the same trend except I can admit I did not get the job done but I honestly really want to get my feet warm and battle whatever is holding me back and emerge victorious almost like I do in my morning workouts 5 days a week and managing to lose weight and even aiming to gain muscles and get stronger. So Seeing Michael Jordan Push it to the Limit and Through the Limit and then reaching to the NBA Finals was quite a big reward. 







Comments

Popular Posts