"IF I cannot Stop Me, Then You'll Never Stop ME"
You Can't Stop Me!
When Did I first hear the song?
I was a year late to this song as I heard the song in Summer 2016. I heard very few songs from Andy Mineo as the songs I heard were with Lecrae. When I was watching a Highlight Video Of Marshawn Lynch and the song was playing in the background. This song really fires me up as at the time I was in a weight loss process and going to the gym in the apartment I used to live in and it was a surprise how much progress I made during the time especially as the song really pumps me up. I really got into the song and became my favorite Christian song. I did not understand the song at first as I thought it was talking about Satan trying to stop him but it really means himself trying to stop himself. Hearing the lines "You're my biggest opponent/Whenever I fail you're there to simply remind me I blow it". Kinda thought he was mainly mentioning Satan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP8KXfB_zHg
When I listen and Understand the Song Now!
Now When I listen to the song I feel I can connect to what Andy Mineo is saying in his song "You Can't Stop me" Because he is really talking about his critics and all his doubters and his biggest doubter and critic which is himself. I also understand cause I always say to myself I can't do it, because I cannot be like this person and in his song, he said in one of his lines "You will never write a verse like Kendrick" I feel like that too whether it is trying to do Music or even be an athlete and be like I have to be at the level of where Nas or even Jason Derulo is, and athletic wise be where Lebron James is, or even Rey Lewis. I was battling my own insecurities within my self. Andy Mineo replied literally, "If I listened to you and everything you put in my ear, I would be living like Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda, I'll be Paralyzed by fear" I grew up with that driven persona, like I do not want to have my life be like I should've done this or even Could've Done this, and If I did life would've been like this. So anything in the past I did where there were impacting consequences, I did not want to continue living based on the past and want to live Pass the Past.
Why I name the title "If I cannot Stop Me, Then You'll Never Stop Me"
There was a part in the Song where he sings "If I cannot Stop Me, then You'll never stop me." The part in the song explains The biggest obstacle in my life is well Myself, and the biggest opponent is Myself. So saying nothing else can stop me unless I allowed it to stop me and when I heard the song very recently and decide to make a blog about it. I was even motivated to workout and persevere in my elliptical workouts telling myself, "You Can't Stop Me!" Now Whenever people tell me I can't do it, I just say well that's what you think cause "You Can't Stop Me!" The Fact that I even imagine myself wrestling my self like in the No Mercy Video Game or even WCW Vs. NWO World Tour. Getting that mentality shows your biggest opponent is yourself, and even whatever is in your way as well.
Comments
Post a Comment