The Last Dance Pt.1

 The ESPN Doc Series "The Last Dance" 

The Chicago Bulls Documentary The Last Dance which Starred Michael Jordan and the rest of the Bulls Team where they entered their final Hurrah as a championship team in 1998. The original plan was to get Tim Floyd as the new coach but that just Prompting Michael Jordan to declare Phil Jackson final season with the Bulls also his Final Season with the Bulls. So that fact that the team has also imploded despite having successful season season after season shows that this team will still not remain the same team on the long run. Well There were many events that led to the Last Dance that was not fully covered but was witnessed on national television. Seeing what Michael Jordan has done or even went through and also his teammates as well really Spoke a ton of Volumes and I plan to step by step break down how my Last Dance Felt during the time of the Pandemic. Event by Event Post By Post. 




What Led to the Michael Jordan Bulls' Success?

Well in 1984 he was Drafted and apparently the Bulls at the time were heavy underachievers as Michael Jordan most of the time carried the team on his back leading them to playoff appearances. This apparently showed how much hunger he had for victories and even making the playoffs as he refused to lose or even be on a team that would tank even if they go to the playoffs with a losing record. Doug Collins who was a coach at the time was led by so much enthusiasm and there was determination to get into the playoffs despite a severe rocky season and even the fact the GM wanted to tank for a draft pick. To See Michael Jordan Make that happen it was extremely impressive and in his young years during games against high seeds like the Cleveland Cavilers and even the tough Boston Celtics where he scored 63 points in the playoff series where he made a statement. So as the team began to build into contenders where Michael Jordan got Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant and even new Coach Phil Jackson to ally with him. They did face several shortcomings a few with Doug Collins before he got replaced with Phil Jackson  also with Phil Jackson specially against the NBA Bad Boy Pistons who were the toughest team and even the most aggressive especially as they will literally knock you down or push you around. How did Jordan pushed his team past their toughness? Well respond by getting back up and playing as tough as they did and it led them to a playoff victory over the Bad Boy Pistons and eventually a champion series victory over the LA Lakers. They Repeated again in 1992 After going through The Heat and The Knicks and then Against the Portland Trail Blazers and then Against the Phoenix Suns in 1993. The Three Peats were a major accomplishment as MJ Brought the Chicago Bulls To Complete Success and also his teammates and even Phil Jackson. 




Behind the Scenes of the Bulls' Success

One thing I can say is that If I am Soft I would say I am Glad I am not on the same team as Michael Jordan, but If I am tough and resilient as he is I would say I am Glad I have Michael Jordan on my team. Hearing about how hard Michael Jordan has Push them it led to a ton of success and it just really showed how he wanted to win and really wanted to win championships especially where the team he was on The Chicago Bulls to gain the respect that the Celtics and The Lakers already got especially with the championship Legacy and MJ wanted the Bulls to reach the Legacy and when it comes to practice he spurred the urgency onto his teammates even if it comes to being a drill sergeant and to see how his leadership really spurred to the teams success really produce wins and success and to hear about that from his teammates and even Michael Jordan Himself. 




How I relate to this?

Well I was like the teammates of Michael Jordan where I needed someone to push me and I was not as receptive to it until I got older. I have a couple Examples where I was in that situation. The Group Essay Assignment was where one of the leading students of the group was very pushy and wanted the Essay to reach excellence. I will be honest I was very easygoing and did not push myself and really needed to be pushed to the high level and I had a real hard time applying myself to excellence and taking the time to do the work to success without Procrastination. So when I was slacking off on the group work The Leader of the group took over and I really felt and looked like a fool especially when the Essay did not look up to excellence. Looking back I would have yelled at himself not to bring me down but ask the hard questions and get myself to think. Almost Like My Brother did. Doing Essays and School was the toughest thing for me especially where I was not a reader. So the Group Essay End up looking to get a grade of a B+ and I was not assertive but She was and it turned out to be a very successful leadership from her. 


My Analyzing on this 

Leadership is important and depending how you lead them really speaks a ton of volumes because it can be reverberated whether it is positive or negative. Real question is "How do you lead yourself?" One thing I realize is you have to face challenges and challenge yourself cause one I thing I learned from my brother is "There are going to be challenges but are you confident enough to take these Challenges" I had to learn that I should not be proving to them that I am doing it, but I should be proving to myself that I can succeed and then I believe it will lead me at the level where I can spur others on. Just Like I have been when I have been doing my morning exercises where you can see them on IG and FB, month by month just pushing through those hard workouts especially on days where I want to give up and quit on myself but I know deep down I had to keep myself moving and keep going hard and man it was anything but easy but I had to look at the success in which I eventually reach. Losing the weight I needed to lose was a strong task I was shooting for and in which I accomplished and even impacted many of my friends which I am glad I did! So lets take the leadership within ourselves to spur onto many others.  






Comments

Popular Posts