Are you Ready to Play-In?

 The NBA Play IN Tournament!

The NBA Play in Tournament has been happening very recently and there has been some competitive games and other games games where there has been huge victories with big leads. Since The Pandemic the Play In Tournament has became a new concept especially after rumors and consideration of the season to be cancelled and to pull the plug on the season there was major resilience on the season being brought back and loads of planning on top of that.  The Play In Tournament I feel would be a fun concept for the fans and the players but I will get more to my opinion later. Play In Tournament is an opportunity for the 7-10 Seeds In Both Conferences. As the 7th plays the 8th and the 9th plays the 10th. 



What do I think about the play-in tournament?

Well Play in tournament was a concept I kinda was skeptical about at first but then I thought of  The MLB Wildcard where they have their play-in game. So I was thinking it seems like MLB had a concept that has been started to spread in other sports and on top of that it is becoming less of a too little too late to a lets see what you are made of in the playoffs. The Tournament is a kick start to the playoffs and really shows how seriously the season needs to be taken as well. Yeah there were players that hated the play-in tournament and felt whoever came up with the concept should be fired or felt like it is dumb, but never seen it as either motivation or toughness or serious competition but one thing I know for sure is how competitive this tournament will be and how driven they will become once they head into the playoffs. I think this will be a big test to see how much will and strength they have to be one of the toughest bottom feed teams. So the Play In Tournament I am kinda excited about it. 





My Purpose on why I am Blogging this?

Well Play-In Tournament is a new way of showing if you really want to be in the playoffs where before it is how you finished but it was always the question do you really want it or not? I understand now Life is about playing in something you are aiming for whether it is expectations or even a position at a job or a grade at school. Play-in games really shows are you going to show up at the big moment or are you really here to win or are you okay with losing. Competing to get in something is always a challenge and I can say I used to be at the low level where I see competition and I know I am not going to make it. I even was at a point where I wanted to be a star but I never had the chip on my shoulder or have any edge where I wanted to be at the level I wanted to aim at. I used to show I wanted to stay in mediocrity but never showed I wanted to rise to greatness. So I can look back at college and even high school athletics where I had my ups and downs and even Where I had good moments and some bad moments as well. Playing High School Sports I feel I learned a lot where how you have to play hard whether you end up winning or losing and it is not about winning or losing but how much effort you put into winning and whether you want to win or not. Reminded me of some scenes in the movie Miracle where the game ended in a tie and then the Coach Herb Brooks made them do extra conditioning until the hockey players put their egos to the side to help understand what they are really representing which was the united States of America. Which they eventually acknowledged. Or even another player who had a bruised leg or contusion and then Coach says it is not bad gear up or go home you quitter and then got the player to the point where he got motivated to declared that he is a hockey player and even yelled at the coach which worked and led the USA Hockey team a victory over Sweden. The urgency of winning in life PERIOD comes at a price and I realize during Quarantine I had to realize I can quit on myself and mope around or make the best out of the situation which Losing weight was one of the them and it was the toughest challenge getting up every morning to exercise was not always easy. But for some reason I was able to execute from 4-6 days a week to eventually being 5 days a week every single week no matter what the circumstances are and doing a post morning workout speech to celebrate what I played in doing which was making progress to a tough universal circumstances. For myself to accomplish it I was really glad and for NBA Teams who win the Play in tournament will be glad that it paid off and that it is really well rewarding like in the MLB Wildcard to overcome the beginning of a big step. 




Comments

Popular Posts