Wrestling with Tough Moments! #Wrestlemania

 Retirement From Wrestling 

Back on April 12 2011, Edge announced his retirement after having a severe neck surgery after his victory at Wrestle Mania against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Champion. I remembered watching this on TV and I could not believe how serious it was especially this was several months after finally beating Kane to become World Champion once again. So it was apparently an emotional moment and then Smackdown where Edge did his entrance twice and was just having fun. Smackdown was the show where he had his farewell as he did his entrance for the final time and was even had to Vacate the World Heavyweight Champion due to his injury and retirement. I remember seeing him emotional about his retirement but then saw some positives about what happens when he retires and the good news he has said is He Gets to eat a big bowl of Ice Cream in which was definitely not part of his strict diet. So his farewell appeared like it was it he officially retired and then went into the Hall of Fame. He did made a final appearance as an active superstar as his contract ended trying to Pump Up John Cena against his match against Brock Lesnar.





The Decade Long Journey 

During Retirement Edge made Cameo Appearances especially on Raw in 2013 where he confronted The Authority as Best Friend and Tag Team Partner Christian was brutally assaulted by the Shield and even Edge said he really wanted to Fight Triple H but then Triple H countered saying you can't fight with all the sack of dimes in your neck especially mocking Edge's Surgery that led him to retiring. Christian and Edge returned a year later as they were guest hosts of Raw where Edge Almost got attacked by Seth Rollins towards the end of the show, but never the less was an awesome host with Christian seeing him be involved in various antics and running the show. Then Several years later after hosting a show on WWE Network with Edge and Christian we got the big surprise where he ends up returning in the Royal Rumble in 2020, and who would have thought after a career ending neck surgery that he would return and not cave into the injury. 




 

 
 
 
The Big Return And even Year long return
 
Seeing Edge Return To Wrestle Mania after appearing in the Royal Rumble and even making a long run in The Rumble where he eventually Feuded with Randy Orton who Edge was attacked by with the back of the head with a chair. As it eventually led to a Last Man Standing Match in which Edge did won. As he did took time off TV He returned once again in the Royal Rumble in 2021, nearly 10 years after he announced his retirement. He was one of the first 2 entrants in the Royal Rumble and the fact that he was there the longest and even overcame 28 other wrestlers and survived the longest to win the entire Royal Rumble At 47 years old after being forced to retire at 37 years old. During a show on NXT He Spoke what ignited him to return to Wrestling once again as he watched these Wrestlers on NXT go at it and even on RAW and SMACKDOWN as Edge had to rehab and improve on his neck to defy the statement that it was a Career ending injury. Seeing that happen and even got in a ton better wrestling shape was just a huge phenomenon. With Edge being the Number 1 Contender and even involving Daniel Bryan who overcame a long Elimination Chamber and the fact that he survived 5 other superstars for nearly an hour and had to have a title match where he was battered and then the next night had to fight for his right for another title opportunity but Edge accuses Daniel Bryan Of being an Opportunist and stealing Edge's title opportunity from him. But apparently Seeing both these guys including Reigns show that they intensely want the WORLD TITLE really speaks a ton of volumes. Which they Will Fight at Wrestle-mania.


 My Perspective of this Event!

As I witnessed what Edge did with so much intensity and Zeal and showed no signs of saying I am going to sit out wrestling the remainder of my life even after being the youngest wrestler in the Hall OF Fame where it looked like he will officially hang up his boots, But he refused to Cave Into those Circumstances and instead put those boots back on after constant rehab and doing whatever it takes and get himself back into wrestling. Seeing that happen I was like there are moments where I have faced circumstances where they told me I do not have the abilities to continue, I do not have the abilities to get it done from others and even myself from time to time. There were times where I was a quitter and wanted to give up but at times I wanted to tell them I can do it or try to show them and not get paid any attention. Well there was a point I ran into consequences and rotten in guilt but eventually I had to learn to fight because I could not stay there forever because I know even though people told me I Can't, I know that I can control the narrative and show Myself more than anyone Else I can. This was what I saw from Wrestler Edge and to see him overcome the odds it was a huge phenomenon and even at 47 it showed he was not a quitter.  THE QUESTION IS WHAT DO YOU DO TO PROVE YOU CAN OVERCOME TOUGH MOMENTS?!




Comments

Popular Posts